The objective of Task 1 of the IEA Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme is to promote and facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information on the technical, economic, environmental and social aspects of PV power systems. Task 1 activities support the broader PVPS objectives: to contribute to cost reduction of PV power applications, to increase awareness of the potential and value of PV power systems, to foster the removal of both technical and non-technical barriers and to enhance technology co-operation. An important deliverable of Task 1 is the annual Trends in photovoltaic applications report. In parallel, National Survey Reports are produced annually by each Task 1 participant. The PVPS website www.iea-pvps.org also plays an important role in disseminating information arising from the programme, including national information.
This document is the French National Survey Report on photovoltaics for the year 2014. It has been prepared by ADEME. The main sources of information used for the report are the following: data produced by the French Observation and statistics office (SOeS, Service de l’observation et des statistiques), ADEME's reports and studies, reports and studies produced by the professional unions SER and ENERPLAN, reports by the Observatoire des énergies renouvelables (Observ’ER), publications by Observ’ER/Systèmes Solaires, Plein Soleil magazine, institutional and professional websites, data from equipment suppliers, company publications and press releases, corporate strategy flyers and contacts with professionals in the sector.
The following studies and reports have proved to be most useful when preparing the report:
- Tableau de bord éolien-photovolta?que, SOeS, n° 611, February 2015 and n° 644, June 2015;
- Panorama de l’électricité renouvelable 2014, RTE, SER, ERDF and ADEeF, February 2015;
- PV Atlas 2014 des grandes centrales PV > 1 MW, Observ’ER, Journal du photovolta?que n° 12, November 2014;
- Bilan électrique 2014, (RTE Electricity Report 2014), RTE, January 2015;
- Annuaire du Syndicat des énergies renouvelables 2014, SER, September 2014;
- Contribution de l’ADEME à l’élaboration des visions énergétiques 2030/2050, ADEME, June 2013;
- Photovolta?que et collectivités territoriales – Guide pour une approche de proximité, ADEME, October 2014;
- ?tude de la filière photovolta?que fran?aise – Bilan, perspectives et stratégie, ADEME (study carried out by Care/ECube/In Numeri), unpublished, May 2015.